Practice is canceled today due to rain. Get some reps in on your own and may the 4th be with you 🙏
Per required by Indy Parks and the Marion County Department of Public Health the Indy GAA was required to submit a COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Event Plan in order to conduct club activities. You can view a copy of the approved plan by clicking the button below, but let’s highlight the basics:
- All participants will be required to have their temperatures taken and complete a brief symptom survey
- This helps us ensure everyone is healthy enough to play and allows us to track who participates in the event that contact tracing needs to take place
- Masks will be required when not actively practicing
- Sharing of equipment will not be permitted
- 6 feet of distance should be maintained between participants as much as possible
- Practice will be split into smaller groups/pods to help ensure that proper space is given and all drills will be designed to minimize player contact
How to Help Us Start on Time
There are two simple things you can do to help make sure we can start practice on time and as smoothly as possible, they are:
- Fill out the symptom survey prior to stepping on the fields
- Show up 10-15 minutes early to make sure we have to opportunity to take everyone’s temperate prior to starting and verify that all surveys have been completed
If there are any questions or concerns regarding practice, or any of the protocols we’ve put in place, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you up for the challenge? Then let’s see what you’re made of. The intent of this challenge is to help connect us as a club during the pandemic and also help our sponsors too. The time is here to show off those skills acquired, or possibly lost, during the winter months, beginning now!
How many times can you strike the sliotar or the Gaelic football off of the wall in 30 seconds? Check out the links below for instructions on how to complete this month’s challenge.
All participating members of the team with the most participants will be entered into a drawing to win a $10 gift card to one of club’s brewery sponsors. The sponsor will be chosen by the board in the next few days, so keep your eye out for an announcement!
The challenge will remain live and scores will be recorded until the last day in February, and a new challenge will be launched in March.
Please record and upload a video to our social pages and/or Slack channel #monthlychallenges. Also remember to mention your team and sponsor at some point in the recording. If possible tag your team sponsor as well to help show your support!
Lastly, upload your score into the shared Google Sheet. It is all about the number of impacts on wall, it doesn’t matter if you let the sliotar or the Gaelic football (or any ball) drop! Just go for it for 30 seconds and let’s have some fun!
We are planning to host our annual referee training course on Sunday, June 28th, at 12pm at Centerpoint Brewing, and should last until around 4.
This training is for you if:
- You need a refresher on how many steps you can take while holding the ball, or what’s an aggressive foul vs. a technical foul
- You haven’t reffed before but you are interested
- You just want to know the rules so you can better understand our games and you can question the refs calls
The course will start with a couple hours of the basics and then will be more advanced after lunch. Lunch and possibly beer will be provided for attendees.
Those who attend will not be required to ref this season, but it would be greatly appreciated if they did 😁.
We will also offer ref shadowing (from a safe distance) for those who are interested in reffing but may be hesitant to step out there by themselves.