In our club, our code of conduct (as outlined in detail below) can be looked at from three very simple points:
PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Play by the rules – the rules of Indianapolis GAA and the rules of the game.
- Treat all players, coaches, and officials with respect, as you would want them to treatyou.
- Respect the facilities and equipment of our club and opposing clubs.
- Recognize all volunteers who give up their valuable time.
- Never publicly criticize umpires, rather raise personal concerns with club officials in private
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
As a player and leader of the Indianapolis GAA, I will follow the Players Code of Conduct. Additionally, I will:
- Set a good example and display utmost honesty and integrity in all dealings.
- Teach fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Never place the value of winning above that of instilling the highest possible ideals andcharacter. Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning.
- Be reasonable in demands, setting goals and expectations at an attainable level.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the rules of the game.
- Teach and interpret the laws of the game to the players.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals within the context of myinvolvement in the Indy GAA, including refraining from any discriminatory practices on the basis of race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or special ability/disability.
- Encourage and create opportunities to develop individual as well as team skill.
REFEREE CODE OF CONDUCT
- Display fairness and uniformity in applying the rules.
- Be honest in your assessment of situations.
- Be consistent and courteous in calling all infractions.
- Condemn deliberate fouls as being unsporting and promote fair play and appropriatesports behavior.
- Assist all participants to know and understand the rules.
- The health and safety of the players must be the most important reason to be weighedin during the decision making process.
- Use common sense to ensure the ‘spirit of the game’ for players is not lost by being toopedantic when applying the rules.
- Ensure you remain up to date with any rule changes and/or interpretation of rules as laid down by the GAA.
*This document closely models that of the AFL. Changes have been made to better reflect the qualities of the Indianapolis GAA.