In addition to the established league rules you may also refer to the official GAA Rule & Regulations.
- Games will adhere to published schedule on the website & be played according to the GAA’s Official Rules of the game except where otherwise noted below.
- There are 8 teams in the league. Format: round robin with one game per team, per weekend.
- Games will be 25 mins per half with 5 mins for half-time.
- Teams will field 11-a-side unless both teams have 15+ when the ref calls for subs, then teams will play 12 or 13-a-side as agreed by both teams’ captains.
a. Suggested formation for 11’s: GK/2xFB/2xHB/2xMid/2xHF/2xFF.
b. Suggested formation for 13’s: GK/2xFB/3xHB/2xMid/3xHF/2xFF.
- Unlimited, rolling substitutes are permitted in each game. Player X must be off the field before Player Y steps on. Team captains to control & notify referee.
- Team captains are responsible for their roster, jerseys, sticks, helmets, etc.
- Team captains will provide sideline officials, goal judges, stats person, and scorer (8 people) as scheduled. If a team is scheduled to officiate on a field for the first time that day, they’ll also be in charge of setting the field (nets, flags, sliotars) by game time and the team that officiates last on a field for that day will be in charge of tear down.
- During the regular league play, teams may “borrow” players from other teams without penalty. Opposing team captains must agree on “borrowed” players.
- During the playoffs, teams with insufficient players (8 or less), will forfeit the game.
a. Play-off victory will be awarded to their opposition
b. Players may be “borrowed” from other teams to complete the fixture but point 9.a. still applies.
- During the playoffs, if a team has insufficient players, (9 or 10), it can complete the fixture as scheduled.
a. This is a “live” game, with a playoff victory to play for, BUT NO “borrowing” of players is allowed in this situation
- Regular League Scoring system
a. Win = 3pts, Tie = 1 pt, Loss = 0.
a. At the end of 10 weeks regular play, teams will be seeded for playoffs. First by League points, record in head-to-head matchups, then score difference, then least points/goals allowed, then least points allowed.
b. Playoffs will be single elimination, held over 2 weeks.
- Yellow & Red Cards:
a. 2 yellow cards (soft red) – player is out for the remainder of that game
b. 1 red card –
- If given for verbal abuse: player is out for the remainder of that game
- If given for physical abuse – player is out for the remainder of that game and the next game
- Camogie/Ladies’ Football Rules:
a. Women shall be able to play by camogie/ladies’ football rules as written. This includes but is not limited to the rules included below.
- Women will be permitted to hand pass into the goal
- Women will be permitted to drop their hurley during game play
- Women pucking out will be permitted to puck from the top of the box
- Women will be awarded 2 pts when they hit the ball over the bar from a sideline cut
- Ladies’ Football:
- Women will be permitted to pick the ball up directly off of the ground
- Women taking goalie free kick will be permitted to punt out of hand
- Disputes will be brought before the Competition Committee as warranted.
- The Club Board/Competition Committee reserves the right to adjust the above mentioned as & when deemed necessary.