IN CONSIDERATION of my participation in the INDIANAPOLIS GAELIC ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION and related activities and events, I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE, indemnify, hold harmless and forever discharge the INDIANAPOLIS GAELIC ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION (“Club”) and its members, agents, employees, emergency volunteers, officers, directors, affiliates, successors and assigns (such parties together with the Club being collectively referred to as the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of any kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that I, my child or my ward have or may have, arising from or in any way related to my, my child’s or my ward’s voluntary participation in the sports of hurling, camogie, Gaelic football, or the Club’s related programs, activities and events, including social events, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES; provided, however, that this waiver of liability does not apply to acts of intentional misconduct. I understand and agree that:
- The risk of injury from activities involved in the Gaelic sports is significant, including the potential for permanent injury, paralysis, death, and damage to personal property, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES or others, and I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY for me, my child’s or my ward’s participation; and
- I agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual, significant hazard during my, my child’s or my ward’s presence or participation, I will remove myself, my child or my ward from participation and bring such to the attention of the Club; and
- I certify that I, my child or my ward HAVE NO HEALTH RELATED CONDITIONS, such as HEART PROBLEMS, PREGNANCY, BROKEN BONES, RECENT SURGERY OR ILLNESS, BALANCE DISORDERS, EPILEPSY, NECK INJURY or any other physical or mental condition that would prevent me, my child or my ward from safely participating in this activity; and
- If an injury occurs in connection with the event, I agree that anyone who provides medical assistance to me, my child or my ward shall not be liable if they increase the injury or cause additional injury or death; and
- The Club requires the use of a helmet with a full facemask for hurling and camogie participation. I understand that the use of such
helmetmay reduce the likelihood of injuries. Likewise, a full facemask may further reduce the risk of injury. I acknowledge the requirement of a helmet with a full facemask. For participitionin Gaelic football, I understand that a properly fitted mouthguard is the best available protective device for reducing the incidence and severity of sports-related dental injuries. The club requires the use of a protective mouthguard for participation in Gaelic football. I acknowledge it is my responsibility to use a mouthguard for Gaelic football participation. Any questions I had have been asked and answered to my complete satisfaction. I understand the risks of participation in this activity.
Any questions I had have been asked and answered to my complete satisfaction. I understand the risks of participation in this activity.