Registration is now live for the 2020 Indy GAA Pub League. We are excited to get things going early this year, but there are a couple of changes to the way registration works this year.
If you attended the AGM back in November you are likely already aware of these changes, but for those that could not make it, or just need a refresher, here’s what’s new.
The first change is that you will be required to register and pay dues with both the Indy GAA (like you normally do) as well as with the USGAA, our club’s national governing body.
In year’s past the club Secretary (thanks Susan!) has taken care of USGAA registration on our members’ behalf, and the club has absorbed the cost of the additional dues, but as the club grows, and the national dues fees increase, we’ve found that process to be unsustainable.
How to Register with the Indy GAA
Registering for the 2020 Indy GAA pub league couldn’t be easier:
- Visit the registration page
- Fill out the form
- It should be pre-populated if you were registered last year, just double check that you’re logged in and that the information is still correct
- Follow the redirect to PayPal and pay your $150 dues
How to Register with the USGAA
Information on how to register with the USGAA for 2020 is still forthcoming, but the fees will be:
- Females – $40, with an additional $2 credit card fee
- Males – $60, with an additional $3 credit card fee
We will be sure to pass on additional details regarding this process as soon as we receive them.
The second change is that there will be a hard deadline to register, with no exceptions. That deadline will Wednesday, February 5th.
This deadline was picked to give us enough time to plan for the drafts, secure the proper number of pub league sponsors, order jerseys so that they will be available in time for the league to start, among other responsibilities. The league drafts will be held on:
- Hurling Draft – Monday, February 10th
- Gaelic Football Draft – Monday, February 17th.
All members must be paid in full to both the Indy GAA and USGAA prior to stepping on the pub league fields on April 19th. If you do not register by the deadline, you are NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY ON-FIELD ACTIVITIES FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR.
The only caveat to the registration deadline is that new members who have never been associated with any other USGAA-affiliated club have until August to register with the USGAA.
- Wednesday, February 5th – Pub League Registration Deadline
- Monday, February 10th – Hurling Pub League Draft
- Monday, February 17th – Gaelic Football Pub League Draft
- Friday, April 17th – USGAA Registration Deadline
- Sunday, April 19th – First Day of Hurling Pub League
- Thursday, April 23rd – First Day of Gaelic Football Pub League
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.