Now that we have over a month’s worth of practices under our belts we figured it was a good time start talking about Pub League!
While some of the finer details are still in flux we do have enough information to open up registration for the season. If some of you are thinking to yourself “wait, I already did that” you’re right, but let me quickly explain why we’re asking you to do this again.
Early on in the year we created a simple registration form on our website to try and gauge interest in playing this year, and while we did keep that open through USGAA registration, it became apparent that it wasn’t really the best way to get our ducks in a row… that and only a little over of half of y’all actually completed it 😆. The good news is if you’ve already done it, or done it in years past, the form should be pre-populated with your information, just double check it to see if it’s all up to date.
In addition we also need to collect league dues for the year, and the registration process is the best way to do that, so without further ado, here’s what you need to know this year:
- The 2021 Draft will be on Monday, June 14th, 2021 @ 7:00pm at Centerpoint Brewing
- Both football and hurling/camogie drafts will be held on the same night
- We will be maintaining the same draft order used for the 2020 season
- We know that the fact that we are not carrying over the teams from the 2020 season is disappointing to many of you, and believe us when we say we considered many different options, but ultimately there were a number of teams that are now missing key people from their rosters that would put them at an unfair disadvantage
- Deadline to register is end-of-day Friday, June 11th
- If you are a returning member and did not register with the USGAA by the April 30th deadline you are not eligible to participate in the 2021 pub league season
- If you are a new member and have not registered with the USGAA, no worries! You have until August 30th to register. Please contact our secretary, Rachel Keesling, for more information
- All games, both hurling/camogie and Gaelic football will be played on Sundays
- League will run July 11th – October 3rd
- Labor Day weekend will be a bye week
- Playoffs will be held on September 26th and October 3rd
- We are also more than happy to accomodate payment plans for those who might need them, just reach out to our treasurer, Chris Burrows, to get set up
We also know that this past year has been very difficult for folks, so we wanted to come up with a way to help out those of us who’ve been hit the hardest. With that in mind we offering a no-questions-asked 30% discount for any member who may have experienced hardships due to the pandemic, just use the coupon code COVID19 when completing your registration.
Still have questions? Contact email@example.com for help!